Back when you were a kid, a loose tooth would mean money under the pillow from the Fairy Godmother. This was an exciting time, and you would often wish for your tooth just to break so you could get the reward.
As you grew older, a loose tooth became a nuisance. You would constantly tongue it, and when it got loose enough, you would simply pull it out. Now that you are an adult, a loose tooth signifies much more. If a tooth breaks now, it won’t grow back. Imagine breaking your front tooth and having a lisp or, even worse, making unintentional whistle sounds whenever you talk. The horror!
The Reasons Behind Your Loose Tooth
There are many reasons why your tooth is loose, and plaque buildup is the top-most reason. When the spread of tartar gets out of teeth, it also reaches the other gums and causes it to come loose. The surrounding tissues weaken, and the teeth begin to displace.
Another reason is not brushing your teeth properly, not flossing, and eating lots of sugar. Then, there’s the change in hormones like during pregnancy, which can also cause loose teeth. From unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as smoking to aging, your teeth are vulnerable to numerous things, some of which are natural and others because of your lack of oral hygiene.
Fixing Your Loose Tooth
The first thing you need to do is search for dental implants near me. If your loose tooth falls, you need to see a dentist in Chico ASAP to limit the spread of any infection that might be caused by food.
Here’s a treatment method you should follow:
- Stop fiddling with your loose tooth with your tongue
- Brush twice a day with toothpaste with high fluoride content
- Brush gently around the loose tooth to remove any stuck food particles. A gentle touch will further prevent the tissue from becoming inflamed and causing pain
- Floss after every meal
- Quit smoking
- Start eating sugar-free gum
- Book an appointment for deep-cleaning with your dentist in Chico, CA, to remove any bacteria that might cause infections
- Ask your dentist if it’s possible to do a tooth splint to stabilize the loose tooth
In the end, if none of these tricks work, visit a Chico dentist. If you are looking for a dentist near me, visit the website Kremer Dental Care. They offer general as well as cosmetic dentistry procedures. To know more about their services and book an appointment, call on (530) 892-1234.